Located just 150
metres from the heartbeat of the town, this beautiful building consists
of 4 floor apartments that total 81m² each. The apartments are set on
the second, third, forth, and fifth floor.On the forth and fifth floor
there are also 2 one-bedroom apartments of 40m² each.
Boasting a sensational location just a step from where the
heart of the
historical town of Chania beats and exquisite sea vistas, an excellent
block of six (6) flats, is well allocated in the most elite
neighbourhood of the town.
Located on a quiet residential street, moments away from the
heart of the city. This area of town is home to an array of exclusive
high-fashion boutiques and is within good distance of the comprehensive
shopping facilities of the city. Right on the heartbeat of the city,
close to all amenities and with great access to the Municipal market
and the picturesque old harbour of Chania. Located just 150m from the
famous municipal market and 600m from the Etz Hayyim Synagogue, in the
Chania Old Town, which is regarded as one of the nicest old towns of
Greece and it is the most wonderful part of the city.
This newly built construction consists of six bright and airy
The apartments consist of spacious open-plan living/ kitchen
area, boasting a sizeable balcony. Two bedrooms with balconies, a
bathroom and a storage room in the building's basement are also
available. Parking space is provided, too.
The one-bedroomed flats consist of a big open-plan
kitchen/living area with a covered veranda, sizeable bedroom with a
balcony, and a bathroom. There is a storage room in the guilding's
basement and a parking spot available, as well.
The one-bedroom apartments comprise an open plan area, a
bathroom and a small storage.
are all within easy reach, including restaurants, beach bars,
nightlife, grocery stores, gas stations, shops, and the life you always
|Two bedrooms (B2)||81||170.000|
|Two bedrooms (C2)||81||173.000|
|Two bedrooms (D2)||81||175.000|
|One bedroom (D1)||40||90.000|
|Two bedrooms (E2)||81||180.000|
|One bedroom (E1)||40||95.000|
Chania is considered to be the most poetic city of Crete;
when you walk through it, it leaves you with a pleasant taste of
beauty. Chania's Venetian port, picturesque at any time and season, is
attractive to visitors and locals for its beauty and for its choices of
entertainment for all tastes and demands.
The "Old Town" consists of the old Venetian harbour and the
small Venetian blocks located behind the harbour; it is characterized
by narrow and picturesque alleys - similar to an enchanting labyrinth -
full of life, and the plentiful remaining Venetian and Turkish
buildings. The Lighthouse, the Fortress of Firka, the Mosque of
Kioutsouk Hasan, the Great Arsenali and the Neoria have become
landmarks of the city. Most of the buildings are rejuvenated and they
compose a puzzle of contemporary, Venetian and Turkish architecture;
they are also a 'living' exhibition of the city's history. Today they
work as shops, taverns, cafes and touristic accommodations.
The most famous part of the Old Town is the lively round
waterfront along the Venetian harbour, which is full of small hotels,
cafes, restaurants, taverns and bars. The Lighthouse at the end of the
harbour is a landmark of Chania.
Inside the "Old town" there are various districts. The
Daliani district was a place where Turks used to live and the Dominican
church of Saint Nicolas still remains. The Kasteli district used to be
a noble district, where many mansions were located in the past. At the
end of its central road, the "Sintrivani" square is located, where the
gentlemen were gathered for coffee, walking or political conversation.
Today this area is regarded as the entrance to the old town
and it is full of cafes, restaurants and small bars. In that district
it is also located the mosque of Hasan pasha. The "Akti Kountourioti"
is a place with local shops, where many young and older people gathered
for entertainment in the bars and restaurants nearby. There is also the
Topana district which is named that way because of the cannons (topia)
that the Turks had placed there.
One of the monuments which reflect the Venetian heritage of
Chania is the Fortress of Firka. It is located at the end of the town's
pier, to the seashore and it was part of a defensive system which begun
in 1538 by the engineer Michele Sanmichele, who also designed
Herakleio's defences. The fort is still known with its Turkish name,
Firca (Firka = barracks). A thick chain from Firka to the base of the
light-house closed the harbour in case of siege.
The Venetians used to imprison in this castle those Cretans
who were sentenced to death. The Greek
flag was raised on the Fortress of Firca in 1913, in the presence of
King Constantine and the well known politician from Chania, Eleftherio
Venizelo, in order to declare the Cretan union with the rest of Greece.
This event was very important for the island, because it inaugurated a
brave new age for the history of Crete.
Nowadays, the first building in the castle, which has been
restored, hosts the Naval Museum. Here there are exhibited different
types of cannon, navigation equipment, ship models, portraits and even
a collection of rare shells. One important exhibit in the museum, apart
from the navy exhibits, are the detailed Marquette of Chania like it
was in the 17th century, together with the port and the Venetian
dockyard, which has been presented until today.
Firka's wonderful view to the sea is offered for a variety of
cultural events. Concerts of Greek music from local artists along with
various theatrical plays, are taking place in the Fortress during
The Venetian Lighthouse
The Lighthouse which is built at the far end of the Venetian harbour
imposes the view of the old Town. It was built in 1570 and it was
reconstructed in 1830. During the last decades it has become one of the
landmarks of the Venetian harbour.
The lighthouse was built during the period that the Venetian
harbour was built. The lighthouse started to decay during the Turkish
occupation. After 1830, when England handed Crete to Egypt, the
lighthouse was reconstructed on its original base. New restorations
took place in 2005-2006. The visitors of the Chania old town can enjoy
a short walk perimetrically of the breakwater to reach the Lighthouse.
There is a lovely cafe bar a few meters from the Lighthouse with great
The mosque of Kioutsouk Hassan is the only mosque preserved
in the city and dates back to the second half of the 17th century. It
was built in honour of Kioutsouk Hassan, the first garrison commander
of Chania and there used to be a one-roomed temple in its current
position. The temple Kioutsouk (small) Hassan or Giali Tzamissi
(seaside mosque) was the work of an Armenian architect, who had
constructed another similar mosque in Spaniako, a village in Selino
County. The mosque stopped operating in 1923.
Today it is restored but the small and picturesque minaret
next to it was demolished in 1920 (according to other sources in 1939).
It has been occasionally used as an Archaeological Museum of Chania, a
storehouse, a museum of folklore art and an Information Office of the
Greek National Tourism Organisation (GNTO), while recently it is used
as an event and exhibition hall.
In the great Arsenali and the Neoria the ships of the
powerful Venetian fleet were repaired during the winter time. The south
complex of the Neoria was completed in 1599, with the construction of
17 Neoria. In 1607 the construction of five more Neoria began on the
eastern basin of the harbour. However, only two of them were ever
completed. Today 7 Neoria out of the 17 still survive. In their
original form they were open on the side of the sea. The ceilings are
arched, and they are connected with arched openings of the same
thickness as the walls.
The great Arsenali
This is the last and biggest building on the west side of a complex of
17 shipyards. The construction of the Arsenali began in 1585 by the
Commissioner General Alvise Grimani. Today it is the home of the
Mediterranean Centre of Architecture and regular events and exhibitions
are hosted there.
Halidon Street - The Orthodox Church of the
It is the most recognizable street of Chania which leads to the
entrance of the old harbour. There are numerous shops and fast foods
along this road. In the middle of the road down to the harbour, on your
right hand side, you will see Chania's cathedral church of the Three
Martyrs, built on the east part of a lovely square with taverns, cafes
Across from the cathedral there is the Catholic Church. In
its courtyard there is the entrance to the Cretan Folk Museum. Right
next door there is the renovated church of St Francis, one of the most
impressive Venetian churches of Crete. It consists of a temple and two
closed courtyards, and it dates back to the 14th Century. Nowadays it
houses Chania's archaeological museum, well worth a visit to see the
ceramics, inscribed tablets, glassware and mosaic