As of Monday, December 7, Christmas retail stores will be allowed to operate, Greece’s Ministry of Development and Investment.
Christmas decorations and other items relating to the holiday season will also be allowed in supermarkets.
According to the announcement, details regarding opening hours and the way these stores will operate will be announced on Friday by the Secretary-General for Trade and Consumer Protection Panagiotis Stampoulidis.
Citizens wanting to shop from these stores from Monday should send the code 2 to 13033.
SMS 13033 for movement during the lockdown
The SMS to 13033 should be formatted as follows: X (one of the digits 1-6 corresponding to the activities below), name, surname, and address.
The six reasons (you must SMS) are:
- Visit a pharmacy or visit a doctor if necessary
- Visit a supermarket or stores for essential supplies
- Visit a bank if e-banking transactions are not possible
- Visit people needing assistance or escorting children to and from school
- Attending a funeral, as per the conditions provided by the law, or visiting children in case of divorced parents
- Physical exercise outdoors or up to two persons taking their pet for a walk while always observing a 1.5-meter distance.
The second lockdown extended until December 14
At the same time, Greece’s second lockdown has been extended until 6:00 on Monday, December 14.
According to government spokesperson Stelios Petsas, the number of cases was stabilizing but at a slower rate than expected.
He said that extending the general restrictions was deemed necessary as the epidemiological load continues to be high.
“Protecting public health and human life remains a priority,” he added.
Christmas shines bright at Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Centre
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…
The Christmas World at the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center (SNFCC) came alive on Tuesday, December 1.
The COVID-19 pandemic didn’t stop the Christmas decorations from shining bright, spreading cheer, hope, joy, and love.
Spectators from all over Greece and abroad watched the event online. It was a spectacular celebration for all!
Greece Property News : Christmas shops in Greece to open December 7